Classes/Tutorials

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Ideas # 6


The tree is finally up so I thought I would share an ornament I am making for Christmas gifts. The idea for this came from my upline Selene Kempton's newsletter.

I was able to pickup some clear plastic ornaments at a local big box craft store. Not sure if you can tell, but the ornament is relatively flat.

I made some of these up a few years ago, but of course had to make some this year with the beautiful Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper. This is a great project to do while watching TV. I rolled the paper strips up using my paper piercer as a guide. Tossed them in the ornament and added a bow out of Old Olive Taffeta ribbon.

Supplies used:
Paper: Jolly Holiday DSP - 36 strips cut at 1/2" x 6"
Other: Old Olive taffeta ribbon, paper piercer, clear ornament from local craft store

12 comments:

  1. I love this paper. Is it by Stampin Up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but it retired earlier this year. Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper. Papers in our big idea book & catalog are only current for 1 year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy do I feel dumb. I just realized this blog entry is dated 2010, not 2011. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. It's so simple yet really creative and very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you keep the little rolls rolled up? I can't seem to make them stay rolled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question.

      Delete
    2. Roll the paper strips up and use a paper clip to hold them together. Let set for a while and then take out paper clip and they will set the size you need.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Another good question!

      Delete
    2. It is a sharp pointed tool used for piercing tiny holes into your cardstock.

      Delete
  7. Christmas celebrations are a workplace tradition all around the world. If you are looking for fun ways to celebrate Christmas in 2021? Here are 10 virtual Christmas ideas to keep things fun and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here is a list of special Virtual Christmas Party Ideas for Large Groups to make your Online Xmas party the most wonderful time of the year. An online holiday party is having joy and fun with your coworkers online on Zoom. Christmas parties are the best way to reconnect with colleagues over themed games and activities.

    ReplyDelete